Red shanked Douc Langur is listed as Critically Endangered IUCN Redlist 2020 by IUCN.
The Red-Shanked Douc Langur has:
- Grey ‘agouti’ coloration on the back, belly and upper arms
- Forearms are white, upper legs black to grey and the lower legs a deep red
- The skin on their face is a creamy color with a paler white color around the mouth
- Cheek whiskers and tail are white
- The male is larger in size than the female, the tail is longer and the lower part of the neck before the chest has “gorgeted” with pink band which is clearly than the female.
- Mating time: all year round, can observe the phenomenon of recreational mating not for the purpose of reproduction. Some wandering males still have the phenomenon of homosexual mating.
- The young are born around early spring, the young plumage is a bit like the adult.
Red shanked Douc Langur in their natural habitat
Red shanked Douc Langur is a beautiful primate with colorful. In Vietnam, there can be a distribution of large populations in Son Tra Peninsula, Bach Ma National Park, Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. The region area in evergreen forest, semi-evergreen, and limestone forests of the central Vietnam and bordering with Laos.
These Endangered primates make their home in the mid to upper levels of the forest canopy.
In order to spectate this species, you can take a look at our 5 days Primates Tour in Vietnam. We guarantee that our tour meets animal protection legislation in Vietnam.
Further information about 5 days primates tour in Vietnam
A great opportunity to spectate 5 beautiful, rare primate species in central Vietnam. In addition, you will admire many beautiful natural landscapes in Son Tra Peninsula, Danang City, Bach Ma National Park, Hue City and Phong Nha National Park with many famous caves.
- Day 1: Da Nang City – Son Tra Peninsula in Vietnam Primates Tour
- Day 2: Da Nang go to Nui Thanh, Quang Nam province in Vietnam Primates Tour
- Day 3: Da Nang go to Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
- Day 4: Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park – Forth day in Vietnam Primates Tour
- Day 5: Phong nha Kebang National Park to Dong Hoi airport or Da Nang International Airport – Last day in Vietnam Primates Tour
In order to meet your expectation and full experience about Vietnam wildlife tour and also help us planning the best trip, Please contact us for more information
Alright, if you are looking for bird watching tours in Vietnam, please contact us to arrange and setup your bird watching trips in Vietnam at best price via:
- Call or Message by Whatsapp, viber with the same number: +84982928482
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org