Bar-bellied pitta is a bird species listed in The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2016 according to BirdLife International.
This species is similar size to others in Pittidae family with aproximatly length of 20cm.
- The male Bar-bellied pitta has green crown, broad black bands from eyes to nape-sides, greener upperparts and distinctive blue and short uppertail. It has brown chest and greenish yellow bars at his flank.
- Females: The belly is more yellow. The head and nape of the neck are brown.
- Young birds: Similar to the female, more brown and speckled.
Bar-bellied Pitta in natural habitat
Bar-bellied Pittas is the most attractive to keen photographers. This species can be seen when birders come in to our licensed feeding areas with blind-hides. Bird-watching tourists tend to visit Cat Tien National Park in order to take pictures of Bar-bellied pitta. It is best to stay at the park at least 3 nights however if you have more time we could suggest to stay upto 4-nights. For further information, please visit: 4 Days Bird Watching and Spotlighting in Cat Tien
The best season from December to April. Best place in the south Vietnam : Cat tien national park, Dong Nai Nature reserve.
- The Tour Manager for this tour is Andy Nguyen
- Call +84982928482 , or message by Whatsapp, viber with the same number
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit for more: