5-Day Birding Trip in Di Linh and Bidoup Nui Ba National Park (Dalat city)
- The Tour Manager for this tour is Andy Nguyen
- Contact in facebook, please click on my name
- Or Call +84982928482 , or message by Whatsapp, viber with the same number
- Email: email@example.com
- Please contact with me to discuss more about your plan and targets to get best price
With a 5-day birding trip iltinerary in the Langbian Plateau and Di Linh Plateau, with over 150 species of birds that can be viewed and recorded in Vietnam. Including over 8 endemic and near endemic species. More ever, with 6 bird-hide and over 70 beautiful birds species for you to take pictures.
What are the locations for 5-day birding trip in Vietnam?
There are many birding day trips but this Birding tour will take you to two main locations for birdwatching in Vietnam:
- Da Lat city and Bidoup Nuiba National park
- Di Linh Plateau
Da Lat city and Bidoup Nuiba National park
Dalat city lies on the Langbian plateau with an altitude of 1400m above sea level. Dalat is a famous tourist city with beautiful scenery, mild climate and a flower base. This one of the most famous locations for birding day trips in vietnam.
- Our schedule will have 3 days via hotspots in Dalat such as Hoa Son Dien Trang, Datanla Falls, and further to Bidoup Nui Ba National Park.
- 3 days here, you can observe more than 60 beautiful bird species, including 6 endemic and near endemic bird species.
Targets: Da Lat Plateau and Bidoup Nui Ba National park Endemic Bird Area
Endemic : Grey-crowned Crocias, Orange-breasted and Black-hooded Laughingthrushes, Vietnamese Cutia and Vietnamese Greenfinch , Collared Laughingthrush. The Black-crowned Fulvetta.
Other targets: Indochinese Wren-babbler, Pygmy Wren-babbler, Grey-bellied Tesia, Black-headed Sibia, Rufous-throated Partridge, Snowy-browed Flycatcher, Wintering Mugimaki Flycatcher, Yellow-billed Nuthatch, Yellow-cheeked Tit, Black-throated Tit, Spotted Forktail, Slaty-backed Forktail…
Di Linh Plateau
Only 80km from Da Lat, Di Linh Plateau is another ideal location for birding day trips in vietnam: “Deo Nui San “, in Di Linh plateau, from 600m-1300m, slightly lower than Langbian plateau.
2 days in Di Linh, you will observe 30-40 more birds, including many beautiful birds to take photos from bird-hide.
Targets: in Di Linh
Blue Pitta, Blue-rumped Pitta, Indochinese Green Magpie, Bar-backed Partridge, Large Scimitar-babbler, Black-headed Parrotbill, Silver-breasted Broadbill, Long-tailed Broadbill, Red-billed Scimitar babbler, Red-headed Trogon, Vietnamese Cutia, …
What is the route for 5-day birding trip in Vietnam?
Flight from HCM city (Tan son nhat airport ) to Dalat city (Lien Khuong airport)
Day 1: Pick up at Dalat airport or your hotel in Dalat city. Driving to Bidoup National Park
- Target birds: Vietnamese Greenfinch (endemic), Vietnamese Crossbill.
- Other birds: Burmese Shrike, Green-backed Tit, Slender-billed Oriole, Chestnut-vented Nuthatch, Grey Bushchat,…
Day 2: Full-day birding at Bidoup National Park
- Target birds: Collared Laughingthrush (endemic), Black-crowned Fulvetta (endemic), Grey-bellied Tesia, Spotted Forktail, Slaty-backed Forktail.
- Other birds: Orange-headed Thrush,Pygmy Cupwing, Large Niltava, White-tailed Robin, Snowy-browed Flycatcher, White-browed Scimitar-babbler,…
Day 3: Full-morning birding at Dalat. Afternoon, driving to Di Linh town (2.5 hours)
- Target birds: Dalat Shrike-babbler (endemic), Grey-crowned Crocias (endemic), Mrs.Gould Sunbird, Indochinese Barbet.
- Other birds: Streak Spiderhunter, Black-headed Sibia, Kloss’s Leaf Wabler, Verditer Flycatcher, Little Pied Flycatcher,
Day 4: Full-day birding at Nui San Pass (near Di Linh town)
- Target birds: Indochinese Green-magpie, Black-headed Parrotbill, Silver-breasted Broadbill.
- Other birds: White-throated Rock-thrush, Siberian Thrush, Blue-throated Blue-flycatcher, Streak-wren Babbler, Orange-headed Thrush, Buff-breasted Babbler, Grey-throated Babbler, Puff-throated Bulbul, Ashy Bulbul, White-bellied Erpornis,…
Day 5: Full-morning birding at Nui San Pass.
- Target birds: Blue Pitta, Blue-rumped Pitta
- Other birds: White-browed Scimitar-babbler, Siberian Blue Robin, Blue-throated Blue-flycatcher, Streak-wren Babbler, Orange-headed Thrush, Buff-breasted Babbler,…
Afternoon driving back to Dalat city or Ho Chi Minh city. End trip!
>> For more: BIRDING DAY TRIPS